- Online Event
- 9 February 16:00-17:30
During COP26, the DfE released a Draft Strategy on Climate Change & Sustainability Education. The proposals will have a direct impact on careers education and curriculum provision in secondary schools.
The CPD session is recommended for:
- Teachers of any level who wish to incorporate more careers-based learning in their curriculum
- School careers leads who wish to improve progress towards Gatsby Benchmarks 4 & 5, and get ahead of the proposals in the draft strategy
- Advisors and apprenticeship providers who support schools with their careers programmes
This CPD session will:
- Outline how apprenticeships fit into the draft strategy, and how they are a key part of the future job market
- Highlight what this means for your school and the provision you provide
- Show how this is an opportunity to improve your school’s performance with Gatsby Benchmark 4.
- Hear from current apprentices who work in a sector where a focus on sustainability is key
Before the session:
It is recommended that you familiarise yourself with the DfE's draft strategy here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1031454/SCC_DRAFT_Strategy.pdf
This session is led by neaco Take Your Place (https://www.takeyourplace.ac.uk) and supported by the Institute for Apprenticeships & Technical Education (https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/) and the Flagship Group (https://www.flagship-group.co.uk/).
Any enquiries, please contact Kit at firstname.lastname@example.org