Choosing a pathway
Help your child make those tough decisions
Information to help parents and carers support young people in making the right decision about study.
Careerpilot has helpful information for parents and carers for key stages in your child's schooling:
For advice to help you support your child through the UCAS application cycle as well as parent and carer information look at:
- UCAS undergraduate is where and how you apply for full-time degree courses
- 15 January deadline
- The Complete University Guide - also gives an overview on what support to expect from your child's school
- Careerpilot gives an overview on Further Education Colleges, Higher Education and Job Sectors and growth areas.
Also look at:
- The Times Higher Education guide for its university rankings
- National Student Survey to see what current students think.
Work-based - higher and Degree Apprenticeships
Find out more information on Apprenticeships on these websites: